1. Check the current firmware version on THEC64 Mini by selecting the SYSTEM icon from the OPTIONS on the HOME screen, and then choose System information from the menu. Look for the Build version (e.g. theC64-1.0.1-argent)
2. Check that the latest version linked to above is greater than the version installed on your Mini
3.Download and save the file (e.g. theC64-1_0_5.bin) to your USB memory stick. Don’t place the file inside a folder on the stick or rename the file. If you do, THEC64 Mini won’t find the upgrade
4. Insert the USB memory stick into an unoccupied USB port on THEC64 Mini
5. Ensure you have a joystick or alternative controller connected to another USB port
6. Select the SYSTEM icon from the OPTIONS on the HOME screen on the Mini, and choose System Information
7. The upgrade file is detected and you are asked to close or apply
8. If you apply, then the upgrade begins. If you choose not to upgrade at this time, select Close and press FIRE, or just press the MENU button on the joystick
9. After a successful upgrade, your Mini will shut down and restart automatically.
10. You can check the firmware version afterwards by following point (1) above.
Note that you cannot install a firmware earlier than the build version currently installed.
synchromesh: Anyone know why thec64.com is down ?
Aug 2, 2019 23:06:45 GMT
DG5KR: When I was young I felt like the world was turning faster. The C64 was a world full of adventure. First Basic, then Assembler, playing incredible games with friends. It was the best time of my life.
Jul 5, 2019 9:08:27 GMT
Heini: Zieht den Bayern die Lederhose aus!
Jun 27, 2019 21:20:54 GMT
j.: @lordvico - I've noticed this with lots of games. I wondered if this was a PAL vs. NTSC thing and also wondered why the screen type wasn't translated for me.
May 3, 2019 1:01:44 GMT
j.: william - don't pull the joystick. If you need to pull to insert a USB stick - get a USB hub so you can have both plugged in at the same time. One way to save would be to use the game save-state feature. This would be the easiest to do for 4 or less
May 3, 2019 1:00:29 GMT
william: So far I am pretty frustrated using the BASIC. Every time I pull out the joy stick to put the usb into the machine it pops out of BASIC and goes back to the main menu. How does one write a program in BASIC and save it?
Apr 29, 2019 15:11:45 GMT
eBUG: Hmm how about the C64 makers include some Pascal software and other creative software in addition to games in the carousel ? :-D
Apr 7, 2019 22:45:31 GMT